Thank you for being patient with us as we all are following updates from local and federal governments regarding COVID-19 safety procedures. We cannot accept apparel entries at this time due to temporary closure of the Dallas Market Center (DMC) effective March 23-April 30 in compliance with Dallas County order.
Therefore, we will accept packages starting Monday, July 6. The FGI Dallas office will be notified by UPS, FedEx, and USPS (United States Postal Service) for deliveries.
Students living in the Dallas area are welcome to deliver garments by scheduling an appointment via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Roshawnda Foster, FGI Dallas Executive Assistant, from July 6 to July 24, between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Physical drop-off is not preferred due to COVID-19 safety requirements issued by local and state officials. Students are encouraged to wear gloves and a mask if available. The same safety procedures will be followed by Roshawnda when receiving garments and packages.
We are accepting digital merchandising entries at this time for the competition as planned.
Following are current scheduled apparel shipping dates, entry deadlines, and judging:
· Arrival date and/or drop-off for apparel entries: July 6
· Deadline for Apparel and Digital Merchandising entries: July 24th at 5:00 pm
· Judging Date: August 8th
· Awards Announced – Grants Awarded 2nd Week of August
*Shipping address and drop-off address is the same. The FGI of Dallas office located in the Dallas Market Center (DMC) is also known as the World Trade Center. Following is the address:
Fashion Group International of Dallas
Attn: Scholarship Competition
2050 N. Stemmons Fwy., Suite 133-A, Mail Unit #378
Dallas, Texas 75207
*Out of town student garments will be returned via UPS ground delivery from the FGI of Dallas office after the competition and announcement of winners. Students living in the DFW area are welcome to pick-up garments at the FGI Dallas office located in the World Trade Center using the COVID-19 safety procedures.
Following is a refresher regarding key points about the competition and its requirements:
· Entrants must be sponsored by a college/university and be enrolled at a two or four-year institution in a fashion program.
· Competition entry fees are: $10 per garment and $10 per digital merchandising entry.
· Students must pay entry fee prior to submission of competition entries and deadline on July 24.